Diablo Valley College offers a wide variety of online and hybrid classes, many of which fulfill the IGETC agreement with four-year colleges and A.A. degree requirements.
New online students:
Please review the following information about strategies to succeed in an online course:
Before school begins:
- Review the DVC online schedule for potential on-campus meeting dates and search for the instructor's Bio-page to see if information is available about your course.
- Check your DVC email address (or set up email forwarding) through the WebAdvisor/InSite portal because some faculty email students information about their course before school begins.
Accessing online courses once school begins:
- Go to webct.dvc.edu on the start date of your class. You can expect course information here.
- Some classes have mandatory meetings on campus and these dates/times will be listed in the schedule.
- Some classes will use additional websites with WebCT that require an access code, which will be available with the course textbooks in the college bookstore.