Emeritus is a non-profit, fee-based, program at Diablo Valley College (DVC) that provides affordable, short-term, educational classes and activities for older adults. We offer a variety of classes such as history, geology, writing, cooking, music and more. Classes are conveniently offered at DVC and John F Kennedy University (JFKU) in Pleasant Hill and Rossmoor in Walnut Creek. We serve about 300 students in our community and we are growing everyday. We offer approximately 20 classes each semester. Emeritus is designed for older adults who are lifelong learners. Most of our classes are led by distinguished retired faculty or those who are experts in their field and have a true passion for education.
To receive our brochures in the mail, email us your name and mailing address to CommunityEd@dvc.edu.
Instructions to Register Online for Community Education Classes:
Note: Only credit cards are accepted for online payments. To pay by check, please mail in the registration form that is located in our brochure.
For a printable version of these instructions, click here.
First, go to our Registration Site
1) After clicking the link above, you can view all of our classes that are currently offered for the FALL 2016 semester by clicking on the Emeritus program.
2) Browse the categories OR search for a specific class in the top right-hand corner using the search box (has a magnifying glass icon next to it).
3) When viewing class titles, you can click the title to read the full description as well as the location of the class.
4) At the bottom of the page, click the box that reads, "Add to Cart."
5) The next screen shows your shopping cart with the class you have selected.
6) To add more classes, click "Back to Catalog" at the bottom of the page. Otherwise, click "Check Out."
7) When you select "Check Out", you will be taken to the page to either "Sign In as a Returning User" or "Create New Account" under "New Users."
8) If you have not registered online before, select "Create New Account."
9) Complete the required fields (indicated by a red *). Note: There is a section only pertaining to a select audience at the bottom half of the page. Disregard that section and click "Save and Continue" once you have completed the required fields.
10) The next screen asks for the Payer information. There is a box at the top that says "Student/Participant is also the payer." Click that box and your information will autofill.
11) At the bottom of the page you will need to create a username and password. We recommend selecting something that is easy to remember, like your first initial and last name. Your username and password can be the same to keep things simple. Once you have typed in your username and password, select "Continue."
12) The next screen will show the class you have added to your shopping cart. You will automatically be listed as the student taking the class. If there is another member in your household that may want to take the class (or a different class), you can add them to the account by clicking on your name and selecting "Add New Person." This option is not necessary, but is available for people who want to register more than one person at a time. All family and household members can be kept in one single account.
13) Select "Check Out."
14) The next screen will show the class you have added to your cart along with the participant as a confirmation. If everything is correct, scroll down and enter your payment information. Please review the refund policy as well. Note: Only credit cards are accepted for online payments. To pay by check, please mail in a registration form.
15) Click "Submit Payment" at the bottom of the page. You will receive an email to confirm that you have been registered for the class.
If you do not receive an email confirmation or need assistance with the registration process, please contact the office at (925) 969-4600.
If you would like to help support us, please make a donation to the DVC Foundation for Emeritus: Donations are tax deductible. Checks should be made out to: DVC Foundation with a note indicating Emeritus.
Your generosity is greatly appreciated and will allow us to continue providing quality, affordable classes to the local community.
Mailing Address:Diablo Valley College Community Education 321 Golf Club Road Pleasant Hill, CA 94523
Please note that our office is closed on Fridays.
Thank you for visiting our site!