Counseling 095 - Educational Planning for new students for Spring 2015
If you are a graduating high school senior or a new college student, and you want
to meet with a counselor before January, you will need to enroll in the Fall Counseling 095 class.
We also offer Fall Counseling 095 classes (Educational Planning) for new students coming to DVC in Spring 2015.
Once the spring semester begins (January 12, 2015) DVC college students may schedule
a 30 minute counseling appointment. During the spring semester, we also have Express
Counseling (10 minute drop-in session) each day for quick questions.
DVC Counselors do not meet with high school students unless it is through the Counseling 095 class. We refer all high school students to their high school counselors, career
centers, or their principals office.
Students will meet with a DVC counselor in this class and plan out what classes to
take for the next semester. This class is designed to provide students with a concrete
plan for understanding and succeeding in college.
Steps to enroll in Counseling 095:
1. Fill out the online DVC Admissions and Records Application.
2. Complete the online orientation.
3. Take the Assessment Test and bring a copy of your assessment results to the orientation class.
4. Enroll in Couns 095 (during the spring semester, high school students will need to go in person to the
DVC Admissions and Records Office with the Special Admissions Form to enroll.
5. Fill out Financial Aid or Scholarship paperwork.
For course and program information refer to the DVC Catalog
See the DVC Class Schedule for more information.