Counseling 095 - Educational Planning for new students entering DVC in Summer or Fall 2015
If you are a graduating high school senior or a new college student, and you want
to meet with a counselor before August, you will need to enroll in the Summer 2015 Counseling 095 class.
DVC Counselors do not meet with high school students unless it is through the Counseling
095 class. We refer all high school students to their high school counselors, career
centers, or their principals office.
Once the fall semester begins (August 17, 2015) DVC college students may schedule
a 30 minute counseling appointment. During the fall semester, we also have Express
Counseling (10 minute drop-in session) each day for quick questions.
Students will meet with a DVC counselor in this class and plan out what classes to
take for the next semester. This class is designed to provide students with a concrete
plan for understanding and succeeding in college.
Steps to enroll in Counseling 095:
1. Fill out the online DVC Admissions and Records Application.
2. Complete the online orientation.
3. Take the Assessment Test and bring a copy of your assessment results to the orientation class.
4. Enroll in Couns 095 (during the spring semester, high school students will need to go in person to the
DVC Admissions and Records Office with the Special Admissions Form to enroll.
5. Fill out Financial Aid or Scholarship paperwork.
For course and program information refer to the DVC Catalog
See the DVC Class Schedule for more information.