Counseling 095 is the educational planning course for new students.
The course will cover; educational planning, overview of the higher education system
in California, identification of educational and career goals, academic assessment,
effective course selection, how to schedule your classes, counseling and advising
and campus services.
If you are a graduating high school senior or a new college student, and you want
to meet with a counselor before January, you will need to enroll in the Fall 2015 Counseling 095 class.
DVC Counselors do not meet with high school students unless it is through the Counseling
095 class. We refer all high school students to their high school counselors, career
centers, or their principals office.
Once the spring semester begins (January 22, 2016) DVC college students may schedule
a 30 minute counseling appointment. During the spring semester, we also have Express
Counseling (10 minute drop-in session) each day for quick questions.
Steps to enroll in Counseling 095:
1. Fill out the online DVC Admissions and Records Application.
2. Complete the online orientation.
3. Take the Assessment Test and bring a copy of your assessment results to the orientation class.
4. Enroll in Couns 095 (during the fall semester), graduating high school seniors will need to go in person
to the DVC Admissions and Records Office with the Special Admissions Form to enroll.
5. Fill out Financial Aid or Scholarship paperwork.
For course and program information refer to the DVC Catalog
See the DVC Class Schedule for more information.