To be considered for EOPS a student must:
- be a California resident.
- be enrolled full-time (12.0 or more units)* Exceptions may be made for those with disabilities. Students who are parents and foster youth may apply with 9.0-11.9 units.
- qualify to receive the Board of Governors fee waiver (BOGW).
- not have an Associate or Bachelor degree or more than 70 degree applicable units completed.
- be educationally disadvantaged as determined by EOPS state guidelines.
*Foster youth and parent students may qualify with 9.0-11.9 units. Unit exceptions may also be made for students with disabilities who are enrolled in the Disability Support Services program.
To qualify for CARE a student must:
- be a CalWORKs/TANF participant.
- have at least one child thirteen years of age or younger.
- be a single-parent head of household.
- be eligible for the EOPS program at DVC.
- be enrolled in at least 12.0 units. Exceptions may be made for those with disabilities.