Update: As of April 16, 2013 we are no longer accepting applications for Faculty Professional Development funding for the 2012-2013 year. Stay tuned for a call for applications in the 2013-2014 year!
The Faculty Development Committee is happy to announce the good news that there is funding for professional development conference/travel activities. And even better news that this year’s budget is being augmented with funds from the Foundations for College Success Committee to support activities specifically aimed at our basic skills students. The five broad college goals for professional development activities are listed on the application form.
Please read and follow all of the directions for applying for funds very carefully.
This year's faculty development committee decided that:
1. Full and part time faculty may apply for 75% of the total cost of the activity to a maximum of $800.
2. Priority will be given to those who present or chair at conferences, and to those who did not receive development funds last year.
4. Applications will be accepted for any activity that occurred July 1, 2012 to June 30, 2013.
5. Deadline for applying to the first round of approvals will be November 15, 2012. Funds will be reserved for subsequent approval rounds.
5. Paperwork for reimbursement for approved activities must be submitted to staff development within two weeks of completing the activity. Any exceptions to this deadline must be approved by staff development in advance.
6. Approval letters for this round of applications will be sent by November 30, 2012.
The Classified Development Committee has been hard at work refining the procedures for an application process to be used by individual classified staff support for conferences or seminars which would enhance your professional skills. The other portion of funds is to be reserved for dept, area, or whole classified development activities yet to be developed. These funds are for the current fiscal year only, so we hope you take advantage of this opportunity for training, education, and enhancement!
Please use the application (link below), and use it to apply for funds enabling you to attend a conference or seminar that you have been wanting to attend!
The committee will meet monthly to finalize decisions, and encourages applications to be submitted as soon as possible. In an effort to give you plenty of time to make the necessary arrangements and reservations, applicants will be notified of the final decision not more than three (3) months prior to the event’s registration deadline.
You may know that there were no funds available for classified professional development conferences last year, and we don’t know what will happen next year, so please take hold of this opportunity! Please see the application for further instructions on how to apply!
Complete the application and email it to Jessica Martin, firstname.lastname@example.org or send hard copy to Jessica Martin in the Instruction Office.
2012-2013 Classified Funding Application