- Rape is a violation of the California Penal Code - Section 261.
District and College Policy - The Student Code of Conduct prohibits: "Rape, date rape, sexual harassment, sexual violence, sexual assault, or threat of an assault upon a student or member of the college community on District property, or at a college or District-sponsored or supervised function."
Federal and State Law - Education, Prevention and Reporting
Reporting Procedures - if a sex offense occurs, students may contact:
- Campus Police Services - ext. 2333
- President's Designee (Conduct Code) - TBA
- Vice President of Student Services - ext. 2232
Campus Programs and Services
- Brown Bag Personal Safety workshop with Campus police - (generally scheduled each September)
- Other workshops TBA (contact Student Life Office at ext. 2095)
24-hour anonymous/confidential telephone hotlines
Rape Crisis Center of Central Contra Costa
- Crisis Hotline...................925 798-7273 (24 hour)
- Non-emergency Services...510 237-0113
RAINN hotline..........................1 800 656-HOPE ~ (calls will be answered by nearest crisis center in your area code)
National Sexual Violence Resource Center
National Judicial Education Program - free online training and resources for adult victims of sexual assault
National Intimate Partner and Sexual Violence Survey (2010)
- Black, M.C., Basile, K.C., Breiding, M.J., Smith, S.G., Walters, M.L., Merrick, M.T., Chen, J., & Stevens, M.R. (2011). The National Intimate Partner and Sexual Violence Survey (NISVS): 2010 Summary Report. Atlanta, GA: National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
The Center for Public Integrity