Fall Semester 2014 - August 15, 2014 - December 19, 2014
Fall 2014 Building and Office hours (starting Aug. 4th):
Monday 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Tuesday 8 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
Wednesday 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Thursday 8 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
Friday 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
Student Life Office
Monday 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Tuesday 9 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
Wednesday 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Thursday 9 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
Friday 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
Student I.D. Cards: DVC Student I.D. cards will be available in the Student Union beginning Monday, August
4th. Current registration in a DVC class is required. Please allow one (1) business
day after registering to obtain an I.D.
Student Union Computer Lab:
The computer lab will open beginning on August 4th. There is a pay-for-print service,
10 cents per copy. Students will need to load money to their DVC Student I.D. card
in order to use this service.
Located in the Margaret Lesher Student Union Building, the Student Life Office houses the Associated Students Advisor, the Student Activities Coordinator, along with other Student Life Office staff. The friendly staff provide resources, services and support to students and student organizations.
The ASDVC President's office, club meeting room, and club work room are also housed
in the Margaret Lesher Student Union Building.
The Student Life Office is the primary source of information about:
- Photo I.D. Cards - the DVC "Connect Card" -- FALL 2014 Student I.D. cards will be available starting Monday, August 4th.Current registration in a DVC class is required.
No charge for Black and White I.D. Card. Color Photo I.D. Cards are available for a fee in the Student Union Building only.
- ASDVC discount stickers sales
STICKERS ARE ALWAYS ON SALE! Save 3% on your books at the Campus Book Center and much
more! $8 per semester.
- Domestic Student Health Insurance Information - Plan sponsored by the Community College League of California
- Student Dental Insurance- Plan sponsored by the Community College League of California
- Student Assistance Program - MHN Clinical Counseling for stress, grief, alcohol and drug dependency as well
as work and life services such as financial, legal, identity theft recovery, childcare
and eldercare assistance services are available for eligible members. Call toll free,
24 hours a day, seven days a week (800) 227-1060 TDD (800) 327-0801
- Mental Health - Resources and Links
- Other Health Services and Crisis Support information
- Transportation Assistance
County Connection bus schedules are available in the upper lobby.
- Housing/Apartment Information
DVC does not have on-campus housing. Those who are LOOKING FOR A ROOM or RENTING A
ROOM can fill out a housing information card at the Student Life Office.
Please note: students contact the lessor directly. Any rental agreements entered into
are between the students and the lessor as individuals and are not the responsibility
of Diablo Valley College.
- Fax Service
Domestic faxes are sent and received for $1 per page (not including cover page).
- Buy a Brick! Student Union - Brick Order Form
Students, families and friends can commemorate their time as a DVC student, employee
or friend by purchasing a brick for only $50. For more information, contact us 925-969-2467
- Posting Flyers - DVC Procedure 3025.01
There are thirteen bulletin boards around campus. Posting is done weekly by Student
Life staff. First priority is given to DVC events and information, on a space-available
Lowest priority is given to off campus commercial advertisements.
- Direct Solicitation to Staff or Students - DVC Procedure 3025.02
Vendor Interest Letter Vendor Contract
Vendors interested in conducting solicitation or sales to staff or students must submit
a completed contract to the Student Life Office.
- Free Expression and Distribution of Non-commercial Materials - DVC Procedure 3025.03 and District Student Services Procedure 3025
Insuring that all individuals are able to exercise their right to free speech on campus,
subject to reasonable time, place and manner restrictions.
- Register Vote click State of California