Diablo Valley College's Construction program is a great option for anyone interested in the many paths and opportunities available in the construction field. After completing the program, you will have the skills and knowledge necessary for your success in the industry. Read more...
Our Construction Program offers:
- an associate in science degree - construction
- specializations in construction and building inspection or construction management or construction and supervision and superintendency
- an associate in science degree - pre-apprenticeship
- a certificate of achievement - construction and building inspection
- a certificate of achievement - construction management
- a certificate of achievement - construction and supervision and superintendency
You can learn more about the requirements in our catalog.
It is important to note that you are limited to one associate in science degree in construction even if you have completed the classes for all specializations. Although, there is no limit to how many certificates of achievement you can earn.
We know that navigating degree requirements can be tricky. Once you have enrolled at DVC, you can schedule and appointment with a counselor to discuss which option is best for you.
Construction certificates and degrees are generally not intended for transfer. If you are planning on transferring, it is important you meet with a program adviser or counselor to make sure transfer requirements are met.
- Construction inspection - middle management
- Construction supervisor
- Continuing education (apprenticeship)
The Construction Program is also a great option for those who already have experience and are looking to gain more skills.
For more information on possible career options, please visit the Career Center, schedule and appointment with a counselor, or contact one of our faculty and staff members. Please note that you cannot meet with a counselor or staff member until you are enrolled at DVC.
Diablo Valley College offers degree and certificate programs in a variety of subjects. For a complete listing, see certificates and degrees.
See what certificate, degree, career, and transfer opportunities are available.
Learn about required courses and when our classes are offered.
Gainful employment reports
- Construction and Building Inspection
- Construction Management
- Construction Supervision and Superintendency
In compliance with the October 2010 Gainful Employment regulations published by the U.S. Department of Education, the Contra Costa Community College District is providing the following information for the District’s Career Technical Education programs that offer Certificates of Achievement: program costs, normal time for completion, average loan debt incurred by students enrolled in the program, completion rates, and potential careers fields for program graduates.
|Office location:||ET-119E campus map|