Engineering Technology Program
Diablo Valley College's Engineering Technology program is a great option for anyone interested in gaining the skills needed for employment in the technical side of civil engineering, machinery maintenance, and drafting. Read more...
Our Mechanical Technology Program offers:
- an associate in science degree - civil design drafting technology
- an associate in science degree - industrial manufacturing engineering technology
- an associate in science degree - industrial maintenance machinist/mechanic (mTECH)
- a certificate of achievement - civil design drafting technology
- a certificate of achievement - civil drafting, CAD
- a certificate of achievement - industrial and manufacturing engineering technology
- a certificate of achievement - industrial maintenance machinist/mechanic (mTECH)
- a certificate of accomplishment - computer sided drafting and digital media for architecture, industrial design and engineering
You can learn more about the requirements for the degree, certificate, and apprenticeship in our catalog.
Meet with a counselor
We know that navigating degree requirements can be tricky. Once you have enrolled at DVC, you can schedule and appointment with a counselor to discuss which option is best for you.
Mechanical technology certificates and degrees are generally not intended for transfer. If you are planning on transferring, it is important you meet with a program adviser or counselor to make sure transfer requirements are met.
Entry-level career path options:
- Civil engineering technician
- Surveying and mapping technician
- Architectural and civil drafter
- Mechanical engineering technician
- Computer-aided design drafter
- Engineering aid
- Land surveyor
- Field assistant
- Planning technician
- Technical sales person
For more information on possible career options, please visit the Career Center or schedule and appointment with a counselor. Please note that you cannot meet with a counselor or staff member until you are enrolled at DVC.
Diablo Valley College offers degree and certificate programs in a variety of subjects. For a complete listing, see certificates and degrees.
See what certificate, degree, career, and transfer opportunities are available.
Learn about required courses and when our classes are offered.
Contact Engineering Technology
|Office location:||ET-124B campus map|