Need help preparing your taxes? Do you have students who could use help?
Take advantage of this year’s Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program.
VITA is sponsored by DVC’s Business Department, in cooperation with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). We have a respectable number of volunteers (30+) that includes many of our own accounting students, and we need customers who can take advantage of the volunteer tax experts. Members of the campus community and the greater community will certainly benefit from the available talent.
Please encourage your community members and students to stop by the following location and times to complete their tax returns.
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Site
Diablo Valley College, BFL 107
Every Saturday from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Until Saturday, April 13, 2019
Please bring the following documents with you! We cannot provide tax assistance without these required documents:
1. A photo ID for each person on the tax return
2. Social Security card or ITIN for each person on the tax return
3. W-2 from all jobs
4. All 1099s, 1098s and any other tax forms
5. Last year’s tax return
6. Child care provider information
7. Landlord’s name, address and phone number for CA Renter’s Credit
8. Household’s health coverage information (Forms 1095-A, B, or C)
9. Savings and checking account and routing numbers for direct deposit
Questions? Please contact:
Mr. Chris Ybarra, DVC Site Coordinator
Phone: 507-338-2829 or (507 3DVCTAX)
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program offers free tax help to people who generally make $54,000 or less, persons with disabilities and limited English speaking taxpayers who need assistance in preparing their own tax returns. IRS-certified volunteers provide free basic income tax return preparation with electronic filing to qualified individuals.