High School Students

High school students who will be attending DVC prior to graduation from high school are considered concurrently enrolled. These students need special permission from a parent and their high school principal or designee to attend DVC. High school students are exempt from enrollment fees, but will be charged student union and materials fees.

High school students, like all other students, should submit an application for enrollment at least two weeks prior to registration. Apply to DVC online though CCCApply .

FERPA-Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act

FERPA mandates that while minor high school students attend college, they are considered regular college students, and the privacy of their educational records is protected. Only the student has a right to their academic record. We will not release student information to parents without the prior written consent of the student.

Special Admissions Recommendation Form

All high school students must submit the Special Admissions Recommendation form, also called a concurrent enrollment form. This must be submitted each semester. The form should be filled out by the high school principal or designee with the courses the student wishes to take and must be signed by the student, parent, and high school principal or designee. Signed forms with no courses listed will not be accepted by the Admissions and Records Office. Present the completed form at the time of enrollment. Please review your grade category below for instructor signature requirements.

  • Freshman and Sophomores

Students entering the 9th and 10th grades cannot pre-register for classes. These students must attend the first class session and request the instructor’s signature to add into the class. The instructor must sign the special admissions recommendation form. Bring this form to the Admissions and Records office to register in person. The student must show photo ID.

  • Juniors and Seniors

Students entering the 11th and 12th grades may register for classes prior to the first class session. Please see the calendar of events in the Schedule of Classes for registration dates. Bring the completed special admissions recommendation form to the Admissions and Records office to register in person. The student must show photo ID.

  • Graduating Seniors

In order to receive priority registration graduating seniors should follow the new student steps for enrollment. 


Students should be aware of course prerequisite requirements as listed in the Schedule of Classes and Catalog. Prerequisites cannot be waived. Please review our prerequisite procedure.

Additional information for all high school students:

  • Regardless of grade level, all PE courses must be added on or after the first day of the class and with the instructor’s signature on the special admissions recommendation form and schedule request form.
  • High school freshman and sophomores are limited to two courses or 7 units per term.
  • Students may only enroll in the approved courses listed on the special admissions recommendation form.
  • Enrollment is limited to 11.9 units. 
  • Home schooled students must provide a copy of the affidavit each academic year for home schooling in addition to the special admissions recommendation form.
  • Concurrently enrolled students (high school students enrolled in college classes) who are classified as non-resident students for tuition purposes may be eligible for the SB150 waiver of non-resident tuition while still in high school.  Students must be special admit part-time (enrolled in 11 units or less) students who currently reside in California and are attending high school in California.  Students wishing to take advantage of this exemption should complete a residency reclassification form and attach a copy of high school transcripts showing current enrollment.  Forms and attachments should be submitted to the Admissions and Records Office.
  • Students who are not California residents will be charged nonresident enrollment fees.  Please note that AB540 status is not available to high school students (AB540 requires high school graduation).