Steps to Enroll for High School Students

*If you are an F-1 international student enrolled in high school you are not eligible to be enrolled at DVC at the same time. If you would like to transfer from your high school to DVC, please visit our steps to enroll for international students.

Follow these steps if you will be enrolled in high school and DVC at the same time.  

Step one: apply

Complete an online application at CCCApply.

Within 24 business hours, you will be emailed your new DVC student ID number, registration date, important student account information, and a link to the online orientation. This information will be sent to the email address you provided on your application.

Step two: submit a special admission recommendation form

All high school students must submit the special admission recommendation form, also called a concurrent enrollment form.

The form must be:

  • submitted each term.
  • filled out by the high school principal or designee and list the courses the student wishes to take.
  • signed by the student, parent, and high school principal or designee.
  • submitted in-person at the time of enrollment.

Signed forms with no courses listed will not be accepted by the Admissions and Records Office. You can only enroll in the courses listed on the form.

FERPA-Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act

FERPA mandates that while minor high school students attend college, they are considered regular college students, and the privacy of their educational records is protected. Only the student has a right to their academic record. We will not release student information to parents without the prior written consent of the student.


Helpful information by grade

Graduating seniors

In order to receive priority registration, graduating seniors should follow the new student steps for enrollment. 

Juniors and seniors

If you are entering the 11th or 12th grade, you may register for classes prior to the first class session. Please see the calendar in back of the schedule of classes for registration dates. Bring the completed special admissions recommendation form to the Admissions and Records office to register in person. You must show a photo ID.

You are limited to 11.9 units per term. 

Freshman and sophomores 

If you are entering the 9th or 10th grade, you cannot preregister for classes. You must attend the first class session and request the instructor’s signature on the special admissions recommendation form. Bring the form to the Admissions and Records office to register in person. You must show a photo ID.

You are limited to two courses or seven units per term.

Helpful information for all grades


Students should be aware of course prerequisite requirements as listed in the schedule of classes and catalog. Prerequisites cannot be waived. Please review our prerequisite procedure.

Physical education classes

Regardless of grade level, all PE courses must be added on or after the first day of the class and with the instructor’s signature on the special admissions recommendation form and schedule request form.

Home schooled students

Home schooled students must provide a copy of the affidavit each academic year for home schooling in addition to the special admissions recommendation form.


  • High school students are exempt from enrollment fees, but will be charged student union and materials fees.
  • High school students who are classified as non-resident students for tuition purposes may be eligible for the SB150 waiver of non-resident tuition while still in high school. Students must be special admit part-time (11 units or less) students who currently live in California and are attending high school in California.  Students wishing to take advantage of this exemption should complete a residency reclassification form and attach a copy of high school transcripts showing current enrollment.  Forms and attachments should be submitted to the Admissions and Records Office.
  • Students who are not California residents will be charged nonresident enrollment fees. Please note that AB540 status is not available to high school students (AB540 requires high school graduation).

Resources for success