Transfer Procedures

As an F-1 student it is crucial that you are aware of the immigration laws and regulations governing school transfers and it will be your responsibility to contact your previous school to have your SEVIS record sent to DVC once we indicate that you have been admitted.

If you are a DVC F1 visa student who is transferring to another school, college or university:

  1. You must come to the ISAS office to request to be transferred. You must bring the admit notification or letter of acceptance from your new school and complete a transfer request form.
  2. Request official DVC transcripts from Admissions and Records. You may use Web Advisor to request transcripts. Please confirm that all of your grades are posted before you request your transcript.
  3. If you completed IGETC or CSU GE you should request certification from Admissions and Records.

Note: If you are planning to leave the U.S. before starting a new session or program at the transfer school you must use the new school's I-20 to re-enter the U.S.

You may send us a copy of your letter of acceptance or admit notification from your new school by fax with a note indicating that you wish for your SEVIS record to be transferred or released to the new school. ISAS' fax number: 925-691-9503.

If you are an international student with F1 status attending another school, college or university who wishes to transfer to DVC:

  1. You must submit a DVC international student application with all required documents before the deadline.
  2. We will let you know by e-mail the status of your application. You will later receive by e-mail your letter of acceptance to DVC and instructions on our online orientation.
  3. You must follow the transfer out procedures at your current school in order for them to transfer your SEVIS record to DVC. Once we receive your SEVIS record we will be able to issue DVC I-20.

Find out everything about the DVC Transfer Center