Steps to Enroll for Dual Enrollment Students

We’re so happy you’re here! Follow our steps to enroll for dual enrollment students. We'll help you apply and get registered for classes. If you have any questions along the way, our Welcome Services team can help. You can also email for assistance with registration.

Dual Enrollment

DVC offers dual enrollment through College and Career Access Pathway (CCAP) programs.

IMPORTANT: Students must be a part of a listed school district and follow the program’s application process to enroll in Dual Enrollment courses.

See participating high schools and districts here

If you are trying to take DVC courses independently while you are attending high school, please follow our steps to enroll for concurrent high school students. If you are not sure which process to complete, please check in with your high school counselor or email us at

1. Submit your application to DVC

After confirming that you belong to a participating school district, submit your application to become a student at Diablo Valley College through CCCApply. It’s free to apply! 

After submitting your application via CCCApply, a verification email will be sent to the email account you enter on your application. Within 24 business hours, you will be emailed your new DVC student ID number, registration date, important student account information, and a link to the online orientation. This information will be sent to the email address you provided on your application.

Some Dual Enrollment programs require students to apply to the program itself. Please check your high school’s website for more information on the application process for the program you are interested in.

International students

If you are an F-1 international student enrolled in high school you are not eligible to be enrolled at Diablo Valley College at the same time. If you would like to transfer from your high school to DVC, please visit our steps to enroll for international students.

Application Instructions    Apply Now

Get ready to register for classes

2. Check your application status

You need to have a current application on file with DVC in order to register for classes. If you previously completed courses at DVC, LMC or CCC, but have not taken a class for one year or more, you will need to reapply for admission. You will keep the same student ID number. 

To view all classes you've previously taken within the college district, you can view an unofficial transcript on InSite. To obtain official transcripts, you will need to order them from each school individually. Each college has a separate transcript.  

3. Complete the dual enrollment form

Make sure that you know your college student ID# and are able to login to InSite portal.

The dual enrollment form can be accessed online and must be signed by your parent/guardian and then your high school. Please be aware that your parent must sign in or create an account for Dynamic Forms to be able to access the online form and the link to do so will be sent from as soon as you sign the form.

You will receive the dual enrollment form during the orientation to your CCAP program. If you have any questions about this, please email

Please note: The dual enrollment form is only for approved CCAP classes. If you are trying to take classes outside of a CCAP program, follow our steps to enroll for concurrent high school students.

3. Receive approval to register for course(s)

Once your form has been signed by your parent/guardian it will be forwarded to your high school for review. Once they have reviewed and signed it will be sent to the Admissions and Records office for processing. You will receive an email once it has been processed by our office, and you will receive a registration date on your InSite portal letting you know when it's time to register. 

4. Check for prerequisites

A prerequisite is a class that you must have completed before registering for a more advanced or related course.

  • Refer to the catalog to check if the class you want has a prerequisite.
  • If the class DOES have a prerequisite you may apply for clearance. You should do this BEFORE registration starts as it may take 2-3 business days for review.
  • Prerequisites cannot be waived. Learn more about course prerequisites.

Get your class schedule

5. Sign up for classes!

Now that you have a plan, it’s time to put it into action. Register for your first-semester classes in InSite. For step-by-step instructions, visit our How To Center.

Register for Classes

Student educational rights & privacy

As a high school student attending college, your privacy of your educational records is protected. We will not release student information to parents without the prior written consent of the student. Learn more about student privacy rights.


Great news! CCAP (Dual Enrollment) courses are completely free for high school students! You will not be charged for tuition, textbooks, or other enrollment fees. If you see fees on your account for your CCAP (Dual Enrollment) courses, please contact or a representative from your program for help.

If you are not a California resident high school student, contact the Admissions and Records Office for information on nonresident enrollment fees. High school students who are classified as non-resident students for tuition purposes may be eligible for the SB150 waiver of non-resident tuition while still in high school.

Disability Support Services (DSS)

DVC students with disabilities have access to many resources to succeed in college! The DSS program offers a range of support services and adaptive technology. Services include tutoring, note taking services, equipment and software assistance, and alternate media services for textbooks and classroom materials. 

The DSS office is open for both in person services and remote communications, such as email, phone, online, and zoom. Learn more about DSS and how to connect with our team. We can’t wait to help you!