Health and Wellness Resources
Find health and wellness information during times of need. Local resources include programs and services to support both physical and mental health. The resources on this page are updated on a regular basis.
Physical health and dental
- Contra Costa Health Centers
- 1-800-495-8885 (Appointments)
- 1-877-905-4545 (Information)
- Contra Costa Health Insurance and Care Services
- Community resources for finding health care
- La Clinica Health & Dental Services
- DVC Community Dental Hygiene Clinic: DVC provides low cost, high quality dental cleanings to the local community. As this is a teaching clinic, students enrolled in our Dental Hygiene programs will be conducting the evaluations and cleanings. The clinic has been upgraded with plexiglass dividers, HEPA filtration, optimized airflow, and additional PPE to ensure your safety during the pandemic.
Wellness counseling and mental health
Wellness counseling at DVC
DVC offers a Wellness program with support from The Wright Institute. We are currently offering remote wellness counseling by phone or by Zoom video call. While at home, it you are not able to talk freely, you can chat with a wellness counselor.
Wellness Interns are either graduate students in a master's or doctorate degree program or trainees. Trainees have completed their degree and are gaining required hours for their license. They are here to offer brief therapy, which is free and may include up to ten free sessions. Email DVC Wellness Counseling to learn more.
Mental health services
- La Clinica Behavioral Health information
- Student Assistance Program for Mental Health services (Five free sessions if enrolled in six or more units).
- The Hume Center: There are four locations that offer mental health services throughout the bay area.
- The Hume Center - Concord Office
- Main phone: 925-825-1793
- The Boris L. Henson Foundation (BLHF) – Offering free virtual locally sponsored support groups for teens and young adults.
- California State Website: Office of Governor Gavin Newsom
Resources for emotional support and well-being