Find housing support information, including local programs, services and affordable housing resources so you know where to go in a time of need. The resources on this page are updated on a regular basis.
Financial aid homeless youth liaison
Federal and state grants are available to assist with the cost of attending college (including housing, food, books, supplies, etc.) For assistance and information about the application process, please contact our basic needs email.
Current programs and services
- Contra Costa Health Services: homeless and housing referral services.
- DVC homeless youth community resources flyer: housing, food pantry, financial aid resources and more.
- List of affordable rental units in Contra Costa County
- Contra Costa County - affordable housing resources
- Contra Costa Health Services - housing and homelessness
- Shelter Inc. housing assistance
- Emergency shelters for adults in Contra Costa County
- Habitat for Humanity - affordable home ownership program
- Berkeley Student Cooperative (BSC)
What to do when contacting housing services
When contacting housing resources it is best to:
- call as soon as an agency, referral or housing opportunity opens for the best chance of getting assistance;
- consistently contact resource numbers because you may not get through on your first attempt;
- be clear and specific when stating your needs; and
- be clear on what you are able to manage when it comes to your budget for cost of living (rent/utilities).
Homelessness is defined as an individual or family with a primary nighttime residence that is a public or private place not designed for or ordinarily used as a regular sleeping accommodation for human beings, including a car, park, abandoned building, bus or train station, airport, or camping ground.