Find housing support information, including local programs, services and affordable housing resources so you know where to go in a time of need. The resources on this page are updated on a regular basis.
DVC financial resources
For information regarding financial resources for homeless students, please contact Phoebe Keesey at PKeesey@dvc.edu in the Financial Aid office.
Current programs and services
- Contra Costa Health Services: homeless and housing referral services.
- DVC homeless youth community resources flyer: housing, food pantry, financial aid resources and more.
- List of affordable rental units in Contra Costa County
- Contra Costa County - affordable housing resources
- Contra Costa Health Services - housing and homelessness
- Shelter Inc. housing assistance
- Emergency shelters for adults in Contra Costa County
- Habitat for Humanity - affordable home ownership program
What to do when contacting housing services
When contacting housing resources it is best to:
- call as soon as an agency, referral or housing opportunity opens for the best chance of getting assistance;
- consistently contact resource numbers because you may not get through on your first attempt;
- be clear and specific when stating your needs; and
- be clear on what you are able to manage when it comes to your budget for cost of living (rent/utilities).
Homelessness is defined as an individual or family with a primary nighttime residence that is a public or private place not designed for or ordinarily used as a regular sleeping accommodation for human beings, including a car, park, abandoned building, bus or train station, airport, or camping ground.