Addiction Studies Program
Diablo Valley College's Addiction Studies program will provide you with an understanding of various addictions and how to interact and help people who struggle with addiction. This is a great path for anyone interested in a career that helps others and gives back to the community. Read more...
Our Addiction Studies Program offers:
- an associate in science degree - addiction counseling
- an associate in science degree - addiction studies
- a certificate of achievement - addiction counseling
- a certificate of achievement - addiction studies
You can learn more about the requirements in our catalog.
We know that navigating degree requirements can be tricky. Once you have enrolled at DVC, you can schedule an appointment with a counselor to discuss which option is best for you.
After completing a degree or certificate in addiction counseling, you may apply for additional credentials offered by the following state organizations:
- California Association of Alcohol and Drug Educators (CAADE)
- California Consortium of Addiction programs and Professionals (CCAPP)
Please note that each of these credentials require additional testing or hours in the field.
Earning any of the certificates or degrees in addiction studies, along with general education requirements, will also prepare you to transfer to a four-year college or university.
- Substance abuse counselor
- Community services worker
- Addiction/prevention/intervention educator
- 12 step group leader
- DUI court worker
For more information on possible career options, please visit the Career Center, schedule an appointment with a counselor, or contact one of our faculty and staff members. Please note that you cannot meet with a counselor or staff member until you are enrolled at DVC.
Diablo Valley College offers degree and certificate programs in a variety of subjects. For a complete listing, see certificates and degrees.
See what certificate, degree, career, and transfer opportunities are available.
Learn about required courses and when our classes are offered.
Meet our dedicated faculty and staff.
Read about some of our alumni's success stories since graduating from the program.
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Alcohol and Drug Abuse Institute
- Association for Addiction Professionals (NAADAC)
- California Association for Alcohol/Drug Educators
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP)
- California Department of Health Services
- Directory of Addiction Study Programs
- Intervene acronyms
- National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence (NCADD)
- National Council on Problem Gambling (NCPG)
- Resources for food addicts
- Resources for sex and love addicts
Contact Addiction Studies
|Office location:||PS-263 Campus map|