Community Education FAQs

Q. Who teaches the classes?
A. Fee-based classes are taught by experts in their fields who present class materials in a format that is appropriate to the audience served. The classes are not-for-credit and do not require homework or testing.

Q. Who can enroll?
A. Fee-based classes are open to all members of the community. Classes that have age restrictions will indicate this in the class descriptions or programs.

Q. Should I register early?
A. Early registration is very important! Class sizes are limited and early enrollment may assure your place in a high-demand class.  Classes that do not meet minimum student enrollment may be cancelled before the first session. Your timely registration may help ensure this necessary enrollment figure.

Q. How do I register?
A.  You can register by one of these options:
1. Online* (available 24/7)
2. Phone registration*: Community Education Department – 925-969-4600
3. Mail-in registration: Community Education Department – L-146, 321 Golf Club Rd., Pleasant Hill, CA 94523 Credit card or check are accepted. Download mail-in form.
4. Walk-in registration: Community Education Department – L-146, 321 Golf Club Rd., Pleasant Hill, CA 94523 Purchase of a $3 parking permit is required. Park in Lot 3.  We always love seeing our students!
*Credit card payment required.  No exceptions.

Q. When/how do I pay the registration fees?
A. Registration fees are due at the time of registration. Registrations will not be processed without the payment of fees. Phone and online enrollment requires payment by credit card (Visa/MC) only. Walk-in and mail-in registration can be processed by credit card or check at the Community Education office at 321 Golf Club Rd., Pleasant Hill, CA, 94523, Library, L-146.  Students may not give instructors registrations or payments. 

Q. Do you offer any kind of financial aid?
A. Unfortunately, there is no financial aid available to assist with class fees. Fee-based classes are not state-funded and we must use class fees to pay all costs of the classes. College for Kids program does offer a limited amount of scholarships. Please see our College for Kids scholarship page for more information.

Q. Do I have to pay for parking when attending a Community Education class?
A. If you are enrolled in a class at our Rossmoor, JFK or DVC San Ramon locations, a parking permit is not required. If you enroll in a Pleasant Hill campus class, please visit DVC's web page for more information on the parking policy.

Q. How do I contact Police Services?
Please visit the DVC Police Services web page for information pertaining to their services and contact information.

Q. Will I get a refund if I drop?
A. As stated in the Contra Costa Community College District Business Procedure 3.05,page 4, item #4: Fee Refunds. Full refund of fees will be made if (1) the college cancels the activity, (2) the activity is over enrolled and the enrollment request is denied, or (3) the enrollee requests a refund one week prior to the first session of the activity. No partial refunds will be made.

Q. Are there places to eat on campus?
A. There are plenty of places to eat on campus, but hours are very limited. Please visit the food services pages for more information. If you are scheduled for an evening, weekend or Friday afternoon class, please plan to bring your own non-perishable meal and beverage, if needed.

Q. Why do classes get cancelled?
A. Class sessions may be cancelled due to low enrollment. Because our fee-based classes are self-supporting and not funded by taxpayers’ dollars, we rely on registration fees to pay for all associated costs.

Q. Disability accommodations
A. Diablo Valley College is ADA compliant. If you have special needs, please contact the Community Education Office at 925-969-4600.